Friday, January 25, 2013

Bold Resolutions, Involving Danger, a Secret Gift of Visions, and a Legend Come to Life (Cross posted on Scene 13 Blog)


Annalisia:

I don’t know of these resolutions of which you speak, but I do know something about resolve. I have resolved to don the plain cloak of a washerwoman & leave these palace walls. From the moment I enter the city, I’ll no longer be Annalisia, but simply Anna, a girl.
I’ll search for my missing cloth maiden, who has been taken. It should have been me after all, a mistake on the part of that man, il mostro, who boarded our royal vessel, and nearly killed two of my guards. (For who else but a monster would do such a thing?)
And I will use my gift of visions, no matter the danger to myself, and even though my grandmother, the queen, has forbidden it–even though I love her dearly and long for nothing more than to please her.
But I will never, under no circumstances, allow myself to lose my heart to Jovanni Septimus, even if he is a Legend come to life.
Coming Spring 2013(Click image to add on Goodreads)

View the post and comments on The Scene 13 Blog here and for our other authors' posts on their character's New Year's Resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment